Thursday 23 April 2009

Blonde ambition



Today I decided to go and get my hair cut, partly because we are going to a wedding this weekend and partly because I am anticipating that the next few weeks are going to be such hell that I need a treat. Yes, I definitely do need to look good for packing, moving furniture into vans and tediously sorting out the detritus of my house. No question about it.

I went for shorter and a bit blonder, ultimately aiming for a sort of January Jones in Mad Men type of look. As usual, I fear the result is probably more Tanya from Eastenders (see above), but never mind.

Anyway, as I walked back down the street afterwards (and bear in mind that I am wearing a slightly crumpled white blouse and flowing linen trousers, not exactly skin tight lycra) I was whistled at by no less than two sets of builders. This hasn't happened for a while; when you are generally accompanied by two small boys and a double pram, wolf whistles are a very rare thing indeed.

So it must be the hair. Either that or my oversized sunglasses (£3.99 from H&M, ladies - yes, you too can look like a film star for less than a fiver).

Anyway, never mind gentlemen preferring blondes. It clearly does the trick for builders.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are clearly set to take the US by storm!!

You're tagged on mine as well...

Mutter said...

I'm reaching for the hair dye as I read...

Nota Bene said...

I'm reaching for the dye too

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

You chic chick you!
I'm heading down to H&M the minute the sun rises . . .
Nota Bene, no no no no no!

Bec said...

Oh, H&M...how I have missed you! Can't wait until we meet again!
Gotta love the way a new do makes you feel! All the best for the next few weeks and your big move - I have 17 more sleeps until my own big move to London from Brisbane...I know how you're feeling! :-)

Iota said...

Get you!

Maternal Tales said...

Ooh there's nothing like a new hair-do to make you feel a bit swishy. I can see it now! x

Expat mum said...

See when I get wolf whistles, it's usually because I've inadvertantly tucked my skirt into my knickers!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Oh please...spread some of that magic this way! Or do I have to move to the US to get it? Well done you!!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

I love my own blonde locks so I can only imagine you look fab!

As if you haven't got enough to do.....there's a tag for you at mine xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Am going back to the UK for a month this summer and H&M will definitely be on my list of things to do!!