Tuesday 29 October 2013

Halloween Ad Break

It's half term, so I'm going to entertain you this week with another commercial break. This one's from Canada, but it certainly embodies a certain kind of parent you meet in the US too. (I haven't met any in the UK so far). You know the one. She starts discussing Halloween costumes in August, even though her two year old isn't actually aware what Halloween is or knows what they want to wear. Throughout October, she posts endless pictures of her family's Jack o' Lantern carving creations on Facebook. She would ideally drink Starbucks' pumpkin spiced latte all year round if she could. She wins the contest for Most Over The Top Garden Decorations. She drags her small children trick or treating for hours, well after everyone else has gone in and they are wailing. Nevertheless, she's the one whose Halloween party you would LOVE your kids to be invited to....



4 comments:

Expat mum said...

Love it! I'm not quite that bad but I do like to get into the spirit.

Unknown said...

So funny! I was not a huge fan of Halloween when my kids were younger and boy did I know a few of those "enthusiastic" moms. I think the kids were happy I was not "over the top". Happy Halloween!

Iota said...

I was going to make a quip about how I found the idea of a Wal-Mart "Mom of the Year" more scary than the Hallowe'en ad, but then I watched it, and aaaargh... what a story. Both tragic and inspiring. (Did that bit automatically follow the ad for everyone, or just randomly for me?)

Unknown said...

I'm from usa, My life is full of gladness because Dr Ogunjimi has asked me to be happy. What happened to me, was not what i can keep only to myself ,but to also tell the world so that those that were once like me will get their love ones back and be happy once again. I and my lover had some issues which led to our break up, since after then my life has never been the same,I've been confused all my life, i tried all methods to get him back. but he just won't come back to me. But one day during my research on the internet, i came across someone's testimony about Dr. Ogunjimi that was able to bring her ex lover back within few days. Though at first i taught she wasn't real about it. I never believed the testimony, but the other mind of mine said why not give a try to this spell caster and. See if its going to work for me,then I decided to tell my problems to him,by sending him emails,(Ogunjimispellcaster@gmail.com) and he asked me to buy some materials that would be needed for the spell casting,then I paid for the materials, immediately (24 hours) later, my ex came back begging me that he wants me back that he's very sorry for everything he has done wrong to me, that he's planning to come and marry me if I don't mind, that's how I got back my ex boy friend, and I'm also using this medium to tell the whole world about this great man called Dr Ogunjimi .And For those in need of anything he told me that in his temple there is no impossibility now i believe him so much my dear friends, if you need help to bring back your ex lover kindly contact him via email: (Ogunjimispellcaster@gmail.com). And i promise you that your lover will definitely come back to you. He could help you on the following listed below.
(1) Bring back your lover.
(2) Job promotion.
(3) Job opportunity. (4)If you're seeking for the fruit of the womb(seeking for child). (If you are looking for husband or wife).etc.

Contact him today on (Ogunjimispellcaster@gmail.com) he will help you out.......Try him.